Pre Transplant












My consultant told me that whilst I'm at home I should be in nourishment city, also don't sit about. Get up and move ya body! Around a month ago I couldn't get out my bed to walk two meters to the bathroom. Well... Today I cycled seven miles... WHAT. Whilst on my cycle I felt like the legend of the night, until I realised my route involved a vertical mountainous nightmare on the main road. I made it to the top so take THAT haemoglobin and shove it. It made me realise that constantly thinking of my blood counts in worthless all that matters is how you feel.

Not much else has happened except excessively eating a lot of ice cream since my dairy ban has been lifted. Tomorrow I am going to Glasgow to sign a form to agree to "full body irradiation", it sounds really fun plus it's a three hour journey back and forth! Shhhh Rachel shh shh let's be joyful now. Positive! Fun! Giggles!

Last week I went up to hospital to say a little congrats to my little buddy Amy, she's 17 and fighting cancer too. She's a tough one and also an excellent wig adviser. Wigs are a complex skill and require knowledge in order not to look like a total mug. We have definitely bonded over the dodgy wigs and beautiful pieces (which cost about 10000 dolla bills a pop). So it was Amy's last chemo and it also happened that all my other pals were in the same place at the same time, so we snapped an awkward pic and it turned out delicious! I can't tell you how nice it is to go into a ward and not be surrounded by old people (sorry old people). But to be able to chat and be friends with these guys is an honour and so so comforting. We were all diagnosed around the same time and are all around the same stage, nearly at the end of our treatments. Hurrah!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ULTIMATE RANT

Its Chemo Time

So This Is a lil Bit Hard To Write...